WE TAKE CARE OF YOU
Dedicated Internal Claims Team
RP Underwriting is a one-stop shop for claims. Our robust internal claims team handles all claims for our insurance markets and clients. We have specific delegated authority on behalf of our carries to handle, negotiate and pay claims. Hence, all communication is directly with RP Underwriting.
When we receive substantiated claim notifications, we offer to meet with the insured and/or its advisors to manage and align expectations and to discuss the onward process.
The Claims Process
Within 24 working hours, we acknowledge receipt of new loss notifications to the insured either directly or via the appropriate broker.
Next, we commence the actual claims handling and contact the insured to discuss the relevant facts, ask for additional information or verify information provided. When necessary, we may appoint external vendors; for instance loss adjusters and defense counsel (in third party claims).
We capture all data required to properly record a claim.This also means setting up a provisional or full reserve based on the information available.
After having fully adjusted the claim, we make decisions regarding coverage, liability (in third party claims), and payment of indemnity/settlement. Our decisions are always based on the relevant facts of the notified matter and the assessment of these facts against the policy and relevant law and court rulings.
What is a pro-active claims process?
- Respect for and understanding of our customer.
- Within 24 working hours we acknowledge receipt of notifications.
- Time is an important factor to our customers' timely adjustment and payment.
- We do not seek confrontation – we seek solutions.
- Close collaboration between our Claims team and Underwriters to ensure that the insurance agreement is understood and honored.